We've all seen it, those darn blocks that have to appear in-line in a node body, but we're often left scratching our heads as to how to get it in there.
The problem is that regions are only surfaced to the page template, and the region we need to add is a div inside of a node.
Well, with a couple of simple theme overrides, you can get there, and make it performant as well.
...Ran into an issue where Backup and Migrate wasn't cleaning up after itself - mysql dumps were sitting in /tmp, stacking up, and causing disks to fill up.
Drupal without drush is like a burger without cheese.
If you are running Drupal websites locally on your computer using the MAMP / MAMP Pro stack and are experiencing abnormally slow page loads, there are a couple of steps that should be taken to help increase performance.
We'll be doing some git-retrieval, meaning we need git installed. Being a sysadmin by trade, I'm naturally lazy, so I'm happy to just pull the git package from EPEL.
In a recent discovery credited to Aaron Stewart here at WorkHabit, it was found that there is an issue converting the cache_router and / or semaphore tables from MyISAM to InnoDB on a Pressflow database.
The agile approach is one a lot of people are becoming familiar with.
We've been getting reports of intermittent issues with transcoding on our CDN2 service.
After digging around for a while, we've found an issue where messages are not getting delivered through Amazon SQS to our transcode nodes.
Whenever a group of us WorkHabit folks are sitting around the virtual watercooler reviewing upcoming projects, one of the first questions we need to answer is about the quality of the code we're starting with.
The big question we always want to know is this: Is core hacked? And how badly?
After doing this manually several times, I decided to cut to the chase and write a script for it.
The bash script to do this is at the bottom of this post. Just save it as iscorehacked.sh, mark it executable, and have at it.
I've taken a couple of days off to watch the outcome of the Cloud Expo, CloudCamp, and especially, the CCIF meetings. After three days, this posting is my response to everything I learned, and what I think next steps are. I'd like to have an open dialogue about it: but let's get moving.
Inspired by an experience merging a rather large branch into trunk on a client project (which went surprisingly well, actually), as well as the now-famous Languages: Shooting Yourself in the Foot we present to you a rather comical view of the developer's best and worst friend: The revision control system.
I combed through the Issue queue for Drupal 6 yesterday and have provided a bunch of fixes and updates. I pushed them all into the Dev branch, which seen here, http://drupal.org/node/409912 .
A recent discussion on CloudForum pertains to the nature of what interoperable cloud computing platform might be. It's been a real debate in the community for long time about what and inter operable cloud API actually looks like.
Over the past few months I have been working on a project to release at Drupalcon DC.
We're happy to announce that the latest version of our free Drupal AMI has been released: Drupal AMI 1.0 RC1, AWS ID ami-2a8a6d43. Like the previous version of our AMI, it will allow you to install any version of Drupal that you like, at the click of a button.